The Big 4: New Concepts and Treatment Options
This four part series explores the most up to date information on the history, aetiology, investigation and management of the four most common injury sites you will see in your clinic: Knee pain, Shin pain, Achilles pain and Heel pain.
Included in this module:
- the anatomy of the Iliotibial band (ITB) – video powerpoint
- What ITB syndrome (ITBS) is and what it is NOT
- Assessment techniques for the ITB – instructional video demonstrating exam and testing for ITBS
- Why understanding training load is key – video powerpoint
- Testing protocols for ITBS, what has evidence and what does not – video powerpoint
- Current treatment concepts – video powerpoint.
- Shin Pain – video powerpoint
- Imaging and investigation for tibial stress injury – video powerpoint
- Clinical examination of the shin – instructional video
Conditions covered in this module:
- Medial tibial Stress Syndrome
- Tibial bone injury
Running time: 1 hour 30 minutes