The Big 4: New Concepts and Treatment Options
This four part series explores the most up to date information on the history, aetiology, investigation and management of the four most common injury sites you will see in your clinic: Knee pain, Shin pain, Achilles pain and Heel pain.
Included in this module:
- the anatomy of the compartments of the leg- video powerpoint
- Acute and exercise induced compartment syndrome: examination and treatment – video powerpoint
- Investigation of the knee – instructional video
- Achilles tendinopathy: The current state of play – video powerpoint
- Biomechanics of the Achilles tendon- video powerpoint
- Current treatment concepts – video powerpoint.
- Examination of the Achilles tendon – instructional video
- The exercise protocols for Achilles tendinopathy: Which one and when to use – video powerpoint
- Other treatment modalities for Achilles tendinopathy including ESWT and PRP: What is the evidence? – video powerpoint.
Conditions covered in this module:
- Acute Compartment syndrome
- Exercise Induced Compartment Syndrome
- Insertional Achilles tendinopathy and Haglund’s Syndrome
- Midsubstance Achilles tendinopathy
Running time: 1 hour 30 minutes